Just curious, who said you can’t have the mountains, beach, and big city all in one place? Because, to me, that sounds like the ideal combination for the PERFECT photoshoot. Good thing San Francisco exists!
Xander, Laura, and I think alike! That’s why, in the summer of 2021, they reached out and asked me to fly over to the Bay Area. The result was an engagement session so beautiful and dynamic (and so, so fun)! Now I find myself constantly wanting to go back!
Xander and Laura first met in San Francisco. It started with the two of them agreeing to grab a glass of wine with one another and, well, the rest is clearly history! Little did they know at the time that agreeing to a glass of wine would also lead to agreeing to a lifetime spent together.
Remember what I said about San Francisco being the perfect combination for a photoshoot? Well clearly it also seems to have a great track record for fun trips and date nights, too!
If we ever find ourselves taking pictures around the San Francisco area, here are some fun spots that we can’t miss:
- The Golden Gate Bridge – I mean… this one is a no brainer. It’s a staple and arguably the most popular attraction in all of San Francisco. You can’t miss an opportunity to snap a picture with all of her beauty!
- Fort Funston – As you can see below, Fort Funston does not disappoint and has even been described as one of San Francisco’s prettiest beaches. Where the grassy mountains meet the ocean, this is a great spot for our nature lovers.
- Fisherman’s Wharf – Welcome to the “tourist-y” spot in all of San Fran. If you aren’t one for crowds, then we can definitely skip it… but if you’re dying to experience all of what this city has to offer, just say the word! Fisherman’s Wharf is full of yummy spots to stop for lunch and is also home to the original Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate shop! Let’s rent some bikes and explore!
- The Palace of Fine Arts – This stunning architecture was originally constructed for the 1915 Panama – Pacific Exposition and has since been rebuilt and restored to its original beauty. It features roman columns and vibrants colors that seem to change depending on the time of day. You can even book it as a wedding venue!
- Cable Cars – If you’re looking to experience the charm of historic San Francisco in your photos, or maybe just looking for some extra fun, this could be the perfect activity for you. While you aren’t able to travel very far in them, the cable cars serve as a fantastic antique backdrop through the vibrant streets of the city.
Xander & Laura, thank you for including me on your adventure! I can’t wait to be a part of your wedding this year! May there be many years of happiness (and many more glasses of wine) in the years ahead!
All my love,